Dishwasher is one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread!
It saves us from the hideous task of manually washing our dishes and saves our valuable time.
So, if you have a dishwasher this is how you can maintain and extend his life and avoid repairs:
Rinse your dishes– Do not put any dirty dishes in your dishwasher, food residue can pass the filter and enter the dishwasher drain pump and can cause damage this is one of the most common reasons why your dishwasher is not draining, before you putting your dishes rinse off any food debris of your dishes.
Clean the dishwasher filter– especially if you notice dishes are not clean after dishwasher finish cycle, you can wash the filter by hand (check the manufacturer’s instructions) but these easy steps work for most brands & models:
- Remove the lower rack to expose the bottom of the dishwasher— the filter is in most models beside the lower spray arm. Turn the filter counterclockwise to remove the filter door, then take the filter out.
- Run the filter and the filter door under warm water, using a toothbrush to remove any food particles, it is safe to use dish soap.
- Once done and the filter is clean reinstall it. Turn the filter door clockwise to make sure it locks in place.
The water your dishwasher is using contains minerals, these minerals will buildup and can cause issue to your dishwasher. I recommend using Affresh dishwasher cleaning tablets once a month to clear out limescale and mineral buildup.
Make sure the water running to your appliance is hot-Only If you can and know how, check that the water going to your dishwasher is hot (120 degrees Fahrenheit). Cold water going into your dishwasher will cause it to run longer to reach and maintain the optimal temperature.
Load the dishwasher the right way- if you notice dishes are not clean after dishwasher finish cycle or if the detergent door not opening or hear banging sounds inside your dishwasher it maybe because the dishes are not properly loaded, follow these guidelines on how to load your dishwasher:
- Arrange the dishes so the dirtiest surfaces face in towards the center of the machine.
- Place pots and cups facing down, so water can spray into them.
- Remove food debris
Run fuller loads– Running fuller loads will reduce the number of cycles that run on your dishwasher which likely leads to a longer overall lifespan- less use, less wear and tear.
experience any issue with your dishwasher please read our dishwasher Service page and contact us.